Visitor Alert: The air conditioning system at Thanks-Giving Square is inoperable and is scheduled for replacement. The Chapel of Thanksgiving remains open to visitors but is currently without air conditioning.
Welcome · Bienvenido · 欢迎 · Bienvenue · Добро пожаловать · مرحبًا بك
Admission is always free; donations are appreciated.
Open every day: 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Hall of Thanksgiving
Open by special appointment only.
Chapel of Thanksgiving
Monday: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Explore Thanks-Giving Square with our self-guided tour. This guide tells the story of Thanks-Giving Square’s history, art, architecture, and symbolism. Follow our suggested route to find information at each of nine waypoints. This guide has been translated into the six official United Nations languages. Use the links below to select your preferred language and begin your tour at the central information sign. Downloadable PDF guides with reference photographs are also available by following the links.
Art & Architecture Guide:
The concept of gratitude is expressed through art and architecture at Thanks-Giving Square. Our online Art & Architecture Guide showcases in-depth information about the pieces in our collection. Discover these stories with information pulled from our archives including artist interviews, audio/video media, and original sketches.
Arriving in downtown Dallas from the north, drive south on Akard Street. Turn left onto Pacific Avenue — the narrow lane just across the DART light rail tracks. A public parking facility is on the right; Thanks-Giving Square is on the left. Metered street parking and several parking facilities are within a close walk of the Square.
By public transit:
Thanks-Giving Square is easily accessed by DART (public transit); click here to plan your trip. For light rail take the Red Line, Blue Line, Green Line or Orange Line to Akard Station and cross Akard Street.
Bicycle parking is provided on the sidewalk along Pacific Avenue. Look for the large metal rings and signage near the mid-block Pacific Avenue crosswalk. Bicycles are not permitted in the garden area.
Entrances from street level to Thanks-Giving Square are at the corner of Bryan Street & Ervay Street, corner of Ervay Street & Pacific Avenue, and a mid-block crosswalk from Bryan Street to Pacific Avenue. Step-free access to the Chapel of Thanksgiving is from Ervay Street. Thanks-Giving Square also has a direct entrance to the city-operated Pedway open 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Thanks-Giving Square is a privately-owned property open to the public. Visitors must comply with all posted rules. Please report violations to staff or Dallas 311.
- Thanks-Giving Square is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is prohibited in the garden and all indoor facilities.
- Weapons of any type — including open and concealed carry handguns — are prohibited on Thanks-Giving Square property.
- Bicycles or skating is not permitted in the garden. Bicycle parking is available at the Pacific Avenue crosswalk.
- No swimming or wading in fountains.
- Food and drink are not permitted inside the Chapel of Thanksgiving. Water bottles are allowed but must remain closed.
- No outside alcohol.
- No climbing on trees or attaching hammocks, slacklines, or tightropes to trees or structures.
- The Chapel of Thanksgiving is a designated quiet area. Mobile phones must remain silent.
- No soliciting including selling goods or services, panhandling, distributing literature, gathering signatures, demonstrating, or conducting surveys on Thanks-Giving Square property.
- Demonstrations, entertainment, and speeches may not take place on sidewalks or public streets surrounding Thanks-Giving Square unless first authorized by permit (City of Dallas code sec. 31-22.1).
- Dogs must remain on leash at all times (City of Dallas ordinance #8019).
- Dog owners are required to pick up after pets (City of Dallas ordinance #23126).
- Dogs are only permitted in the temporary dog relief / gravel area. Visitors with dogs may only enter from the west gate and must not enter any other part of the garden.
- Service animals such as guide dogs and hearing dogs are welcome in all facilities.
- Still photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use only.
- Permission for commercial photography (including portrait photography) or filming is granted on a case-by-case basis. Contact us for more information.
- Share photos on social media with #thanksgivingsquare
- Help keep Thanks-Giving Square clean by using trash receptacles
- Sit on lawn and ledges